Conquer the Crash 2004 Updated and Expanded
Robert R. Prechter, Jr.
CEO of Elliott Wave International and Author
December 6, 2003
Robert R. Prechter, Jr. extensive archive compilation profile continues here
The most useful comparisons avoid wish fulfillment, and instead identify circumstances with the greatest similarities.
For example, consider:
- The major stock indexes have seen a powerful rally for months.
- Major newsweeklies run cover stories saying, "Welcome Back" to tech stocks.
- Professional strategists recommend record-high equity allocation.
- "Experts" fill the financial pages with chatter about the "recovery."
- The number of new stock issues rises sharply higher.
Does this read like a point-by-point description of today's financial & economic environment, or what? It should, because it nearly is -- except that it describes March 2002, more than 18 months ago.
Reminder: This is not the first time Bob Prechter has released a book-length bearish forecast: It's the second. If there is a difference between the two economic environments, it's that the forecast in Conquer the Crash is far more urgent now than it was in 2002.
The expanded edition of Conquer the Crash is available only in paperback. It's the same easy-to-read step-by-step guide as the original, with updated safety sources. Bob also includes a 50-page supplement, 80% of it real-time commentary from recent The Elliott Wave Theorist issues, detailing major developments of the past 18 months, including:
- An Update on the Economy, showing the devastating contrast between today's "officially recognized recovery" and previous post-recession expansions
- Stock Market Analysis Since the First Edition, revealing why "stocks are still more expensive than they were at every major market top of the 20th century"
- New Sentiment Extremes detailing how current psychology matches or exceeds extremes seen at the all-time stock market highs in early 2000
- Charts, Charts, Charts, showing you the "footprints" of the trends, which Bob Prechter uses to produce his forecast
- Forecasts for other markets, highlighting commodities, bonds, real estate, and more
- Full Update on Deflation, including what the Fed knows, what the media has missed, and why it matters to you
- Up-to-Date Strategies discussing safe havens, T-bills, sound currencies, and more
The book settles once and for all whether the bear market is already over - or just getting started. Of course, the deeper point for you is much more optimistic - namely, that a crisis you see coming can become the opportunity of a lifetime.
So strongly do we agree with Bob Prechter and his Elliott Wave Theorists,
that we created a special resource page to highlight their materials.
Visit our FSO In Focus and discover why for yourself.
Elliott Wave International
P.O. Box 1618
Gainesville, GA 30503
800-336-1618 or 770-536-0309 Phone 770-536-2514 Fax